Purpose of position:
The Education Administration Coordinator has a primary responsibility for the administrative and organizational duties related to the Education Department, including school programs, community education, outreach and specialized programming, and volunteer coordination.
Reporting to the Education Manager, this position requires ongoing collaboration with the Administration Manager, Marketing Manager, Communications & Development Manager, and CEO; and supervision of co-op students, interns and volunteers.
- Manage the Volunteer portfolio for Station Gallery, including Community Education, School , Outreach and Specialized programs, and SG Events.
- Develop and administer class scheduling in required formats and publications (Town of Whitby guide and Gallery publications) in consultation with the Education Manager and Marketing Manager.
- Oversee program medical and media consent forms are completed by participants and their guardians.
- Assist in the preparation of an annual budget in collaboration with the Education Manager.
- Invoicing for school bookings and functions related to the education program.
- Conducting surveys, creating reports and managing data related to the Education Department and Volunteer activities.
- Creating Spreadsheets, Power Point slides and other formats for collecting and reporting KPI’s.
- Develop and document plans and timelines for the education program and related initiatives.
- Conduct timely and professional follow-up to all inquiries by partner organizations, participants, peers and other constituents, in consultation with the Education Manager.
- Put processes into place ensuring a warm, welcoming and well-informed environment for all program participants, volunteers and co-op students.
- Maintain an organized and efficient office environment.
- Research and stay current with accessibility issues on a provincial and national level, ensuring the gallery meets current AODA standards.
- Liaise with staff to encourage accessibility and inclusion of all aspects of the gallery functions and activities.
- Liaise with the CEO and Communications & Development Manager to provide data and information relevant to grant and corporate proposals and reports.
- Liaise with Marketing Manager to ensure promotion and marketing of education activities.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure the accomplishment of set objectives for co-op students, interns and volunteers.
- Prepare and coordinate Artist Instructor contracts.
- Recruit, train and engage support staff in relevant activities.
- Strong Administrative skills
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in outreach activities, establishing and maintaining positive community partnerships
- A passion for arts and culture
- Familiarity with education, teaching and/or programming
- Ability to handle many activities and projects simultaneously
- Flexible schedule to include weekdays, evenings and weekends as required
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, ethical conduct and responsibility
- Physical effort with occasional moderate lifting, reaching, bending, stretching and use of ladders
- The successful candidate will be required to supply a current criminal records check and vulnerable sector police screening upon conditional offer of employment
- Sales and marketing experience an asset
- University or College degree in Arts Administration, Creative Business Studies or similar is an asset
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.
Station Gallery is an equal opportunity employer. Our facility is fully wheelchair accessible.
Station Gallery’s mission is to unleash the power of art and culture to educate, connect and inspire our diverse communities in meaningful and compelling ways. We believe that art is for everyone.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter before 4 p.m. on Friday, August 24, 2018, with the subject heading:
“Education Administration Coordinator” to Natasha Downes at Natasha.Downes@nullstationgallery.ca.
Station Gallery, 1450 Henry Street, Whitby, ON L1N 0A8
Station Gallery appreciates all submissions; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please refrain from follow up emails or phone calls.